The WWARN Plan section provides resources specifically for planning a malaria clinical research study
Planning a clinical study can be complex. There are many steps, most of which are mandatory and subject to rules and regulations in the originating country and at trial sites. The Plan section provides resources specifically for planning a malaria clinical research study.
To learn more about the basic requirements for running a clinical study, common to all investigations, go to the WWARN Online Courses – short, e-learning training courses provided in collaboration with Global Health Trials.
Formulating the research question – tools to help you to identify gaps in research data:
- WWARN Explorer: Dynamic, interactive mapping tool to visualise summary data from multiple studies stored in the WWARN Data Centre
- Molecular Surveyors: Summarise and map data from published studies examining molecular markers of antimalarial resistance in malaria-endemic countries
- Literature Reviews: Comprehensive publication reviews and databases to identify gaps in data and information, consider publication trends over time and consider different study approaches
Developing the study – template protocol to build your study structure
- Describe the objective, purpose and design of the trial, how subjects will be selected, the procedures, medications and dosage regimes, and how safety and efficacy will be measured
- World Health Organisation protocol for surveillance of antimalarial drug efficacy - this template protocol provides basic information that should be captured
Collecting the data - Case Record Form (CRF) template to record your data
- Versatile CRF template that may be tailored to collect the data required by the malaria clinical research protocol for inclusion in the statistical analysis and then printed to be used in paper format
Assimilating the clinical data - Database template to prepare you for analysis
- WWARN database template is a flexible and easily adaptable relational database ideal for collecting longitudinal data
- Customisable to automatically receive and assimilate clinical research study data ready for further analysis
- Capture clinical, pharmacology and molecular data
The template is currently available on a Microsoft Access platform.
- Publication | 13 Nov 2013 Optimal sampling designs for estimation of Plasmodium falciparum clearance rates in patients treated with artemisinin derivatives
- Literature review | 17 Dec 2014 WWARN Clinical Trials Publication Library
- External link | 25 May 2016Infectious Diseases Data Observatory (IDDO)